Did your organization recently win a coveted industry award and you’re not sure how to promote it besides adding the plaque or trophy to the office? This is something most organizations struggle with. In the fall edition of Northwest Meetings + Events magazine I was asked to give some tips on how you can leverage and promote an industry award to help support communications and recruitment efforts.
Here are my top five things to do after you receive the award:
- Add a press release on the award for your Search Engine Optimization: It’s unlikely, unless this is a MAJOR award, that a press release will draw media opportunities for your organization. However, pulling together a press release announcing the award and posting it on your website is a great way to help your search engine optimization (SEO) and show potential employees that you have industry recognition.
- Post on social media: After you’ve posted the press release, share an announcement on your social media channels. It puts the news front and center for customers and potential employees.
- Highlight the award on your careers page: Post a link to the release or awards announcement on your careers page to further show off for potential recruits.
- Drop a line to business associates: Let your circle know you picked up an award. It’s all right to do a little #HumbleBrag to your professional network.
- Add a designation on your signature line: Let everyone that receives an email from your team know that the organization has recently been recognized.
Do these things and you’ll be well on your way to celebrating your industry award with customers, business associates and future employees. It’s much better than just putting a certificate on the wall.
You can read my full thoughts in the online edition of the Northwest Meeting + Events fall magazine (pg. 20).