The Fearey Group, the Pacific Northwest’s most established independent public relations and public affairs firm, is seeking to hire a savvy professional as an Account Executive. The Fearey Group’s mission is to build trusting and enduring relationships one conversation at a time.
The individual should possess the ability to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment and consistently deliver high-quality results. The candidate should demonstrate a high level of personal initiative, integrity and responsibility. The Fearey Group recognizes individuals with drive, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, PR, journalism, digital media or marketing
- Two to three years working as an employee in PR, journalism or marketing, agency experience preferred
- Experience with media monitoring tools such as Cision, TVEyes, Meltwater Lexis Nexus and social media tools such as Hootsuite, Simply Measured, SEM Rush is a plus
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and how it is applied to and can influence PR
- Strong written and verbal skills with knowledge of AP style
- Candidate must have an engaged social media persona
- Self-starter – ability to work well alone and with others
- Critical thinker
- Atteniton to detail is a must!
- Passionate about getting stuff done and making a difference
- Proven ability to effectively organize and manage multiple tasks
- Basic understanding of integrated communications, media relations and social media
- Ability to organize, coordinate and implement multiple projects
- Serve as dedicated team member on multiple accounts
- Serve as secondary client contact for assigned accounts
- Own projects from start to finish, including supervision of junior staff and approval process with senior staff
- Exhibits a deep understanding of assigned clients, accounts and industries
- Coordinate and implement programs, plans and special events under the supervision of an account lead
- In certain cases, develop mini-plans or account activities and then implement with desired results
- Responsible for creation of client content materials including, but not limited to, news releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, briefing books, pitch letters, Q&As, metrics and general client correspondence
- Generate ideas for programs that map to client objectives and conduct relevant research
- Support tracking and reporting for all accounts
- Write client and internal correspondence effectively and with limited supervision
- Successfully plan and execute client activities such as press trips, media tours, digital campaigns, new creative concepts, business missions, strategic plans for clients, roadshows, new social media programs and other special programs or events
- Exhibit competency in draft client marketing materials, such as website content, e-newsletters, collateral materials, web-to-leads campaigns, Google pages, etc.
- Lead media relations efforts including outreach approach, media list development, creative pitch ideation, outreach and relationship(s) building
- Work with a support team to monitor and flag appropriate coverage to team and client
- Oversee media monitoring and daily news tracking performed by other team members
- Proactively identify story ideas and work with supervisor to develop
- Effectively place client messages and spokespeople in target media outlets
- Effectively help clients merchandise media placements in other marketing channels
- Exhibit competency in drafting copy for client media materials
- Create draft content, including tweets and other social media channels
- Create and manage social media editorial calendars to be reviewed by account lead – this goes beyond just posting but it includes customer service and engagement as well
- Monitor client social media channels
- Help manage client social media channels under the supervision of the account lead
- Regularly suggest ideas, manage the planning and comfortably execute campaigns on behalf of clients
- Support Fearey marketing by creating social media content, blog posts and other activities on behalf of the agency – must contribute at least one blog post a month to Fearey blog and can provide additional ideas for Fearey marketing
- Conduct research to support development of new business proposals for senior staff, including client briefs and competitive audits
- Assist with development of presentation materials
- Participate in team strategy, brainstorming meetings
What we’re looking for:
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality. We need a go-getter!
- Comfortable and confident talking to leaders, executives and ambassadors online and offline
- Solutions-focused and driven by results
- Excellent communication skills: solid grammar, ability to write concisely, great on the phone!
- 401(k) plan with match on employee contributions
- 100% paid premium for employee’s medical, dental and vision coverage
- Five percent commission on all new business accounts identified and awarded to the firm
- Four weeks PTO and paid holidays
- Flexible WFH policy
- 100% paid ORCA card or parking stipend
- Bike parking and showers are available
- Lunch provided on Fridays
How to apply:
Email resume, cover letter and links to online portfolio or attach work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please).
PS – If you noticed anything off about our job description, call that out as well.