Fearey, the Pacific Northwest’s most established independent public relations and public affairs firm, is seeking to hire a savvy professional as a Community Marketing Director for its growing agency. Position is not remote. Required to be in Seattle.
Fearey’s mission is to build trusting and enduring relationships one conversation at a time. The firm consists of professional consultants who provide business and communications strategy – and most of the time, the firm implements and leads campaigns, initiatives and programs to drive results for the people and organizations it services. Learn more about the firm online at feareygroup.com or join the firm online in conversation on any of its social media channels. The team encourages it!
The Director – Head of Community Marketing, the first for the agency, is someone who has consistently demonstrated that they can effectively manage clients and staff, while not being afraid to get in the weeds to execute. It is someone who can think about a neighborhood and identify ways to promote it. This position will be responsible for helping many small businesses think outside the box and it will be responsible for participating in the COVID-19 recovery efforts of a community within the City of Seattle. This position will lead a team that will be embedded inside one of Fearey’s clients.
The individual should possess the ability to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment and consistently deliver high-quality results. The candidate should demonstrate a high level of personal initiative, integrity and responsibility. This person must understand how an agency business works and is constantly exploring ways to improve upon it. Fearey recognizes individuals with drive, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, urban planning, urban development, public relations or business management
- 10+ years working as an employee in similar experiences related to neighborhood or community marketing or retail marketing
- Five years of managing people
- Seasoned communicator with in-depth understanding of retail marketing and community relations
- Demonstrated excellence in client service
- Positive and professional attitude and demeanor that lends itself to quality client service and team building
- Excellent written and verbal skills, strong account management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Solutions oriented mindset with a problem-solving persona
- Self-starter – ability to work well alone and with others
- Proven track record in similar role
- Manage the neighborhood marketing program for one of Fearey’s clients from conception to completion in partnership with account lead, supporting team and additional team resources
- Supervise day-to-day account work being executed by supporting team
- Develop clear strategic approach and measurable results in line with client marketing and business goals
- Maintain a strong standard of quality control for all work, including that all visual communications and brand standards are met
- Oversee and play a clear leadership role for the team
- Demonstrate advanced client relations skill, including a successful client attraction, retention and/or expansion record
- Demonstrate thought leadership
- Pursue relevant professional organizations, speaking engagements, webinars and/or contribute articles/blogs that advance the Fearey position as a leader in public relations, design and public affairs
- Positively represent Fearey at industry events, conferences and trade shows
- Ensure timely completion of all Program deliverables, including documentation, policies and procedures, customer-facing tools, and client reports.
- Ensure KPI’s are met, service bench marking, and portfolio standardization
- Lead quality audits to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and contractual obligations
- Constantly improve program to improve efficiency and scalability.
- Promote ownership and accountability for all program team members.
- Build strategic relationships with one of Fearey’s client retail tenants, community stakeholders and Property Management teams.
- Act as highest level Community Marketing subject matter expert point of contact for the Program Owner and customers.
- Set budget priorities and ensure compliance for annual program budget cycles, and monthly budget management responsibilities.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure success of the program.
- Author and present quarterly and annual business reviews to client.
- Be a relentless problem solver and creative idea generator.
- Partner with client and program stakeholders to develop initiatives that have high impact and ongoing value to the client and the community.
- Develop annual program goals/objectives/strategies/tactics.
- Develop annual program roadmaps and ensure all team members are razor sharp on program goals and deliverables.
- Recruit and develop team members.
- Conduct quarterly performance check-ins, annual reviews and merit reviews.
- Commit to mentor each team member to bring excellence, ownership and accountability to their work.
What we’re looking for:
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality. We need a go-getter!
- Comfortable and confident talking to leaders, executives and ambassadors online and offline
- Solutions-focused and driven by results
- Excellent communication skills: solid grammar, ability to write concisely, great on the phone!
- Organized person.
- A leader.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com